Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finally Back Home And Settled Down... For The Moment At Least...

HEY!!! I'm finally back home and thrown back into my busy schedule. Lets see... I just settled most of my online homework, so i should have left only my project to settle... And that should be settled by this Friday when i meet up with the rest of my group members... And now i can finally blogged about my past few days...

Lets start from the beginning... Last Thursday was the start of YaYA(Youth and Young Adult) camp in my church. And since i was part of the planning committee in charge of logistics with my friend Ming Ci, we were very busy... Every night for 2 nights of the camp i slept probably slightly less then 2 hours...

First day was at Bethel Presbyterian Church. It was near my house but my mom didn't want me to go back home to bath... We had some simple games that were interesting... An example was us having to form a Chinese bible verse using words taken from Chinese newspapers and magazines.And we also mad salad. My group had the most simplest salad but it was nice ok...
I spent most of the second day at East Coast as i was part of the team that had to be there early to book a place for the campers at night. It was boring as all we had to do was just pitch up tents and wait for the rest of the campers to arrive after a programme which will lead them to East Coast. We arrived at East Coast at around 11am, tents were up by 1:30pm, then lunch for us only arrived an hour later. Imagine both Ming Ci and i talking about what kind of food to expect in that 1 hour... Oh yah, when we reached East Coast, it was raining quite heavily. But it stopped in time for us to set up the tents. And after it stopped, there was a double rainbow. I missed the first one, as both appeared one after another. Double blessing? Yeah. IT was liek a sign to show us that the camp will go on smoothly. Thank God.

The campers only arrived around 7-8pm. And all i had to do was just relax. But guess what? Relax ain't exactly part of my dictionary... And i was walking all over the place just looking for something to do... Then soon was the BBQ which i didn't ate much as my throat wasn't fully recovered yet. Then night came. Me being me, couldn't relax and was awake most of the night. I walked around, stared at the stars until the clouds covered them, walked with my CG group members all the way to 7-Eleven, which was quite far away, and back again, talkign about anything under the sun, or you could say moon and stars.

Then came the last day. Most of us were up early to see a sun rise, but it ended up to cloudy to see anything, but it was still quite a nice sight.

After then we went back to to Bethel for a short break before the rest of the programmes t wrap up the camp. During that break, i went home to eat breakfast and BATHE!!! YEAH. So while everybody was asleep, i was enjoying myself. XP Ha... Then after that we had a talk about looking good which actually convinced me to go for a hair cut cos my hair was already quite long... Minda saw it last Monday. Now, my hair probably need a little bit more touching up before i am going to look better...

After breaking camp, i went to the barber as it was along the way back home. Right after reaching home, I had to start packing for a trip to Malaysia the following day... Talk about cramp timetable... It was as the church leaders are having a retreat and my dad was going so my whole family came along. So i couldn't rest that night but i decided to blog a little before i knocked out and thus my previous post appeared.

Then the next day i was in church before i slept most of the way to Malacca. Not exactly a habit of mine as i never really sleep during the day. I guess i really knocked out then. After reaching Equatorial Hotel over there, I settled into my room all alone as my room mate will only be coming the next day. We then had a short service before dinner and the theme talk of the day before bed.

The bunch of us younger people(I purposely didn't use the word kids) didn't had to attend most of the talks so see how much time we had... However in the end, we still had to attend most of the talks even though some of the content was a little too hard of those younger ones to understand. Oh well... At least i got to spent 10rm all to myself... But in the arcade only... Wanted to buy something couldn't find something that caught my eye...

The whole trip was 3 days 2 nights... Unfortunately for me, i fell sick on the second night and had to go to bed early... Probably caught something in the shopping mall when i was there that afternoon... Then i heard i missed out on some games the younger lot off us played until 5 in the morning... Oh well, at least i was at my 100% for the rest of that day anyway... While they were nodding of all over the place... XD

After that we then went back home. Along the way, we stopped by this shop which sold all kind of snacks. Outside i we saw this tree called Malacca tree. Don't believe me?? See the picture.

I guess the trip was for the family to relax also, but me being me, like my mom, couldn't relax properly. But i think i relaxed more then her cause you could see she was very tensed through out the whole trip. Looks like i still relax better then her...

These six days has been busy, fun, exhausting and reflective at the same time. I guess i may have figured out somethings. Did my head head become clearer?? I hope so. At least i know one thing for sure: I'm never alone, cause Jesus is always with me. And without him, nothing i do can actually be done properly. (:

Now thats what i call a long post... That should be enough for now... See yah next time!!

No comments: