Monday, October 13, 2008

Restoration

Finally decided to blog again. Could be because school started and can't be bothered to pack bag yet and start on any homework. Oh well, better then me thinking about stuff i don't think i should be.

Hmm... Looks like the last time i was here was some time back... Lets see what has happened since then... I was still working up to the 2nd last week of my holidays which i spent resting. Went out with Minda and Sin lee one of those day to play pool. Was still quite bad compared to them, my tyco shots succeed only to fail me at the last moment... =x

Msot of the last week of my holidays were spent in a Campus Crusade camp with the theme "Restored". 4 days 3 nights. Was quite fun. First day was mainly just getting used to the environment (even though my body took 2 days >.<). Had lunch together as a group. The nwent ot the camp site at Aloha Changi Fairy Point Chalet. Was quite far in, but was close to the jetty. 2nd days was when most of the stuff started. Had games, workshop, worship and sermon. 3rd day was about the same but was more on time, unlike 1st and 2nd day when eveything was taking longer then expected. =x

3rd day was when I felt more at ease. 1st day was metally settling in. 2nd day my body was adjusting cause of a flu, which always hapens on the 2nd day of camps for some strange reason. But anyway, 3rd day was when i really soaked in the the message. The workshop was about being restored. It was done with the book, "Restored: experience life with Jesus". I was given an advance copy since i ended up as a leader of a group some how, so i had to go through it first. All i did was actually read through it then. But after the message i on the 3rd day, i realised that one of the points applied to me.

I realised i have been harboring the thoguhts of unforgiveness for myself. I find it hard to forgive myself for what i have done. Example? A lie about 7 years ago. A mistake i did to hurt someone. An inconsiderate action. I was very paranoid abotu what others thought of what i did. Those kind of things haunted me in the past. He never once condemed me, why do i condem myself? So thus that night i let Him set me free from my past.

Another thing i had to face was my pride. I forgot who i was doing it all for. I wasn't doing it for myself, so why was i so obessesed if i did what i did nicely like playing the guitar. Wasn't i supposed to play it for God? Don't lose focus of who you are doign things for, He said.

It took the first day for most people in the camp to break down. Me? 3 days. I guess my heart needed some softening after all. =x

After getting back from camp, first thign i did was eat lunch while watching the "Iron Man" movie which my dad pre-ordered awhile back. Couldn't think straight already cause didnt sleep for the last night of the camp. Why didnt sleep? Last night ended about 3+am and i was thinking since it was so early, sleeping also not much use since its a confrim i will crash and burn at home. =x

Slept on the way back so the efect wasn't so bad at first. Was actually planing to stay up to about 11pm to download some stuff, and so went ot clsoe my eyes while waiting for it to complete. And who knew i actually fell asleep and left my laptop on for the whole night. =x About 12 hours of sleep, from 10:30 pm to 10:30 am. Crash and burn. =x

And the weekend flew by and back to school again... Ah... Maybe i will take a look at the programming homework after all. See yah!

No comments: