Friday, February 13, 2009

Lonely Valentine

Lonely in that it would probably be the one where i feel the most alone emotionally. Probably from having loved and lost.

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Just something to pass Valentine's Day with. Quoted one of the most used bible verses by anybody. People splash it in weddings, gifts and other stuffs. Once thought i knew what love was, but never really did. It's a very confusing thing. Can't really define it, then how can we be sure we are feeling it? It's an amazing feeling, better still if reciprocated. Looks like the search for the meaning of love is going to take some time.

Looked back to my blog entries a year ago... Wondered what happened since then. It was so fun then, when i could still play around with someone... I only i had a time machine of some sort to change things for the better... Just taking a step at a time now, with guidance from God.

I wonder, when we look back to the past year or semester, have we changed? When you reflect back, do you think if you did anything in a way that just didn't feel right and could be done i na better way? Did you do anything that you regret? Did you learn anything from it? Have you become a better person? I know i was a horrible person the first half of this semester. Before that i started taking things for granted, but felt myself becoming a better person with the help of someone. The first half of this semester was a horrible person probably because i lost something dear to me. Took a while to recover. Still recovering.

So let's see... What are my plans for tomorrow... Afternoon head to Uncle WeeLiang's house for CG... Then back home again... Hopefully my body will be able to last tomorrow... Had 2 days MC to rest at home but decided to go to school since it's the last 2 days anyway. Somehow managed to pull myself through... Maybe i'm over working my body after all...

That's all for today folks. See yah.

No comments: