Friday, February 17, 2006

A Letter To Her

Hi there,

Guess I always start a letter the same way. Why am I writing this? Cause I am confused. Confused about how I feel. That is why I chose to concentrate on my studies this year. This strange feeling caused me countless nights of sleep in the past and it still do today. I wish for it to disappear, but at the same time, I want it to stay. You may never read this, but I hope you will know.

That day on the bus, I did not really heard what you said. But I realized what it was after I was back home. I was worried because that was the day of the murder in our neighborhood, and decided to ask if you made it home. Then my mind had a play back. What did you say that you did not want to repeat yourself? The scene kept replaying over and over in my mind, until I got it. Guess I am an idiot for not being able to think on the spot. For that I am sorry. Cause when I realized what you said, I just blanked out. Thoughts than started to fly across my head: Did I just miss a chance? But didn’t I promise myself I will study hard this year? Who can I ask for advice? What am I to do? What is this feeling I am feeling? Am I crazy? Somebody kill me!

What am I to do anyway? Tell you that I would or would not have done it? Tell you that I am going to not bother about you? Or should I ignore you? What will happen if I do any of this? The possibilities are endless. Sure I showed concern. But I am not goingto breaking my own promise that easily. Guess I am torn in half. Now you seem to be ignoring me. Is that good or bad for me? Guess I am only full of questions and nothing else. And probably full of crap too. I have chosen to support you from the shadows all this while. That’s probably the way it will stay. Do I want it to change? Sure I do. But is the timing right? I don’t know. Is it the right time to break my promise too? I don’t know. Cause the last time I succumb to this feelings, I was made us of, humiliated, and thrown aside. For me to give in to this feelings again will mean I have to face my past. The past that I have chosen to have leave behind. I can forgive but I can never forget.

Will anyone ever understand me? I need someone that I can trust to talk to. Do I even have someone out there? I trust God to help in my life, but he cannot help me in everything. There will be things that I have to settle myself. Will God help me in this matter? Wish he would, cause it is getting harder to read peoples minds.

All the best to you
Kelvin

No comments: