Monday, January 30, 2006

Back From The Hospital...

I am just back from the hospital. It got nothing to do with anybody except me. The docter at SGH diagonised me with pneumothorax(what ever it is...). It sounds serious. It is. At least to me then. It is "a collection of air between the outside surface of the lung and the inside surface of the chest wall. These two surfaces are lined with a smooth membrane called pleura and normally are in contact with each other, but they can become separated when air, fluid or blood collects between them." (For more info, google it as i just copied and pasted...) The doctor told me that he was going to numb my chest with an injection before be is going to insert a needle in to draw out the air. Did it hurt? Of course it did!!! And Nat: The air collected there is not poisonous as the air came from my lungs.

I was shivering from the nervousness through out the whole ordeal. Next, they placed another needle into my arm for the dripper thingey, another ouch... and that was before the actual needle going into my chest to draw out the air. I chose not to look throughout the whole ordeal and kept my eyes shut. And yes, i was awake throughout it. He injected the thing suppose to numb the chest but i didn't feel anything besides the needle entering and leaving my chest. Ouch i tell you... Next came the actual needle meant to suck out the air. In it went. Sliding in. Then it poked something in my chest. Something inside. that was then i really showed i was in pain. Please... he could be poking mylung or something... Then who i think was the senior doctor said that he had to do a re-entry... RE-ENTRY?!?!?! Sheesh.... I felt the needle SLIDING out and SLIDING into my chest again... OUCH... Finally I heard they could see bubbles coming out... Was in that position for around 10 minutes plus... Finally the needle was removed... They covered up the hole and i was sent for an X-ray again(had one eariler to figure out it was pneumothorax. ) to see if the air bubble was at least 3 quarters gone. Thank goodness taht was the case and they didn't have to stick a tube into me...

That was yesterday. This morning i was sent for the x-ray again. And the problem has resurfaced. The doctor said i had to go for the the operation(the tube thingey...)and was warded. Later another doctor did a check up on me and said i was fine to go home. Man was i happy... Just imagine me with a tube sticking out from the side of my chest...*SHIVER*

Finally I am back home... with two weeks mc from pe and 2 days of resting without doing any thing exciting, heart pumping, etc... Chinese New Year night spent in the hospital, very ironic...

That all for today. And as usual, comments on the tagboard please!!!! And don't worry about what struck me to strike you. Tall and thin people have a higher chance of getting this. And It is because of a weak lung. So till next time, stay healthy. You can ask me to see the "hole" marks the next time you see me...

No comments: