Monday, November 24, 2008

From Full to Empty

Man... Today must be one of the weirdest day in my life... After school i went to buy something. Just as i decided what to buy and was paying with my allowance, a $50 note. The shop keeper said that since the $50 got a hole, she can't accept, and that i should go to the bank next door to exchange or something. So i went to the bank.

I made my way to the general inquiries to find out what i was supposed to do with my damaged $50 note. Waited for about 10 minutes... Then was told to go to the normal queue. Another 10 minutes gone.

Finally was my turn. The person serving me said i that i could get the full value back, even thought the note was crumbling apart. When the note came to her, the mouth of the president on the note came out... But anyway, she went to the back to do some discussion. Then she came back with the note taped up, saying that the note has to be sent to MAS to see the value and that i won't be getting anything back. Only after the value have been decided will the it be credited into my account.

I was stunned for a while. Wait a minute... I came in with $50 and left with $0 in my wallet? So i had no choice but to leave empty handed. Went back to the shop and asked them to help me hold on the the item as i'm cashless at the moment. Probably going back tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh well... Collected my allowance again from my dad anyway. See if tomorrow have time to go down. Hopefully the other item i was eye-ing will still be there, didn't even have the chance to approach the shop today... =x

I guess that's about all for now. See yah.

No comments: