Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Eagle's Wings

Started the day thinking about how to survive to the end. Then sometime in the morning, Joel sent me a message containing some verses:

Isaiah 43: 18-19

18 "Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.

19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.

The first verse was like a wake up call for me again, to move on. To stop thinking about the past, about all that happened before. Thanks Joel. (:

During MPI lab, got kind of pissed cause my program wasn't working, couldn't do a single thing. So had to leave the lab having done nothing at all. And since i was going to the bus stop alone cause Lucas had meeting and everyone left earlier already, decided to use the back door in school again to get home. Didn't wanted to end up pissing myself more with the crowd at the bus stop in front of the school.

Behind school as i jsut entered the carpark behind school, saw something big bird flying. Wanted to know what it was so went closer for a look when it landed on a tree. The first thing that came to my mind was "eagle" when i saw it. Slowly watched it soared away.

First thing i thought of was an eagle probably cause last Sunday in church was talking about prophetic drawings, and one of the common ones was an eagle soaring. And Uncle Henry said he saw up soaring above the church that day too.

After seeing the majestic bird soar away, for some reason this song came to mind :

Still - Hillsong
Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Kind of calmed me down, wasn't pissed anymore, was just wondering why didn't i turn to God for help when i needed it. Sometimes we don't realise we need help until some time later. But its never too late to ask for help, especially when you still need it. And earlier i think i resolved the the problem already, so thank God. (:

Was thinking about going for a run when i got home, but decided was getting a little too late with some stuff still left to be done. I like to go for runs, helps me to de-stress. But i've learned one thing about running in life: In life, no matter how fast you run, sooner or later you will get tired, and your those problems you have been running from will catch up. And by then, some would have ballooned so much that it becomes a very enormous task jsut to resolve. So my point? Running away from problems never solve them, it may just worsen the way things are. Don't think you can face them alone? Get help. Reliable help that will pull you through.

I guess that's about all i have for today. Ran out of stuff to blog about already. See yah.

No comments: